Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Olathe Sweet Corn Festival - August 1, 2009

This year we decided to go to the Olathe Sweet Corn Festival. Clint Black was playing for the festival (last year they had Travis Tritt and the year before that they had Leann Rimes). Anyway, we didn't get there until late, so we walked around to the vendors and picked up a funnel cake (yummy!!!) and of course got some sweet corn. Then we watched the concert (I didn't recognize any of his songs) and the finale is always fireworks. It was really nice to actually have some fun together as a family instead of working every weekend on something. The night before we took Josh's truck to the drive-in and watched The Proposal and Ghosts of Girlfriends Past. The weather was beautiful and we had so much fun. The Tobler's sat with us on the second movie. Luckily for us, Jakai fell asleep through both movies and Josh actually stayed awake. It was the best time! I'm so glad I went to Montrose. I really needed the break.

Firework show


Family pictures that I took



Clint Black

The Tobler's (good friends of ours from Montrose)- Thanks for hanging out with us!

3 comments:

Melissa said...

Yum, gotta love that sweet corn. But most of all, ya gotta love the cherished family time. Glad you got both!!

Michael and April said...

Fun pictures!

Ben and Anne said...

It was so fun to see you guys!!