Monday, June 15, 2009

Camping - June 12, 2009

We decided to go camping on Friday night with some friends from church (and Jakai's new babysitter). They reserved a spot up at Turquoise Lake in Leadville, CO. We still couldn't decide whether or not if we wanted to go due to the crazy weather we've been getting here in Denver this summer. There was rain and snow forecasted for our trip (Leadville is at 10,200 feet in elevation). Even on the way up there it was pouring rain. Despite all that, we still decided to go and packed really warm. I prayed on the way up there that we would have good weather. My prayers were answered as seen from the pictures below. It was a short trip, but nice to do something different. I suggest not to go camping for only one night...it was a lot of work.

2 comments:

Maile Fano said...

I can't believe how big Jakai is getting. He is so handsome especially doing things like his daddy.

Ben and Anne said...

Looks like a fun trip! It was sure fun to see you guys this weekend!! come out and see us sometime in VA.